The Federal Skilled Trades Program, What Is It?

The FSTP is a pathway to help skilled trade workers live permanently in Canada. This pathway applies only to Skill level B (NOC B).

To be eligible the candidate must have at least two years of skilled work experience during the five years before applying. The minimum required CLB is 5 for speaking and listening and 4 for reading and writing on an English or French language test.

Proof of Funds may also be needed.

The minimum two years of paid, full-time work experience (or an equivalent of part-time) can fall into any of the following major groups under NOC B:

· Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades

· Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades

· Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production

· Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utility supervisors and central control operators

· Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks

· Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers

As per proof of funds, the following amounts are required to be shown from a bank account:

Number of family members

Funds required in CAD















Each additional family member


Why choose us?

We have been helping many applicants become permanent residents for years and have a high success rate. Our clients from almost 20 different countries have experienced this with us and you can be the next successful one. We know how to prepare documents and how to make your immigration process smooth and easy for you. Contact us HERE to start the process today!

If you are not a Canadian Permanent Resident yet and you are not sure what the best way for you to immigrate to Canada is, please fill out our assessment form HERE and we will get back to you with your possible options.

50 views0 comments