IRCC announced the great news on July 15, 2021 for individuals who have applied for the new Temporary to Permanent Residence program. Beginning July 26, 2021, these individuals will be eligible for an open work permit while awaiting the results of their application. The pathway program was opened on May 6, 2021 and helped many students and workers apply for their Permanent Residence.
Many whose status is set to expire are able to extend their work permit under TR to PR programs or under one of the temporary measures put in place as a result of the pandemic, such as the public policy for post-graduation work permit holders.
To qualify for this open work permit opportunity, the applicants must:
- Have successfully submitted an application under one of the new pathway streams
- Have a valid work permit or have been authorized to work without a work permit
- Have a valid work permit that will expire within the next 4 months.
- Have the temporary resident status
- Be in Canada
- Have been employed in any occupation at the time their permanent residence application was submitted.
- Meet the language requirements of the stream under which they applied.
If you have applied for TR to PR and your status is set to expire, CONTACT US to get you a new work permit.
Why choose us?
We have been helping many applicants to become permanent residents for years and we have a high success rate. Our clients from almost 20 different countries have experienced this with us and you can be the next successful one. We know how to prepare documents and how to make your immigration process smooth and easy for you. Contact us HERE to start the process today!
If you are not a Canadian Permanent Resident yet and you are not sure what the best way for you to immigrate to Canada is, please fill out our assessment form HERE and we will get back to you with your possible options.